Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East’s Suica stored value card service.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments