Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East's Suica stored value card service.
- Join us next week for a free webinar on NFC toys and games
- Fashion retailer uses NFC to engage party-goers
- NFC Haloband seeks funding
- Flextown enables digital sharing through NFC business cards
- Merchant360 offers plug-in that lets retailers deliver coupons to any NFC phone