Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) plans to include an NFC ticketing option when its service launches in 2015. "CMRL officials said they were working on a facility that would be incorporated in smartphones so that the AFC gate could identify it as a ticket and deduct money from the user's account, depending on the distance he or she was planning to travel," The Hindu reports.
- Vodafone rolls out NFC mobile wallet across Germany
- Portsmouth FC engages fans with NFC
- EMVCo publishes tokenization framework specification
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more