Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) plans to include an NFC ticketing option when its service launches in 2015. “CMRL officials said they were working on a facility that would be incorporated in smartphones so that the AFC gate could identify it as a ticket and deduct money from the user’s account, depending on the distance he or she was planning to travel,” The Hindu reports.
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app
- Gmail sends money in the UK
- Vinci Park introduces NFC car parking tickets
- NFC pioneer Proxama cuts jobs ahead of trading update
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips