Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) plans to include an NFC ticketing option when its service launches in 2015. "CMRL officials said they were working on a facility that would be incorporated in smartphones so that the AFC gate could identify it as a ticket and deduct money from the user's account, depending on the distance he or she was planning to travel," The Hindu reports.
- Join us next week for a free webinar on NFC toys and games
- Fashion retailer uses NFC to engage party-goers
- NFC Haloband seeks funding
- Flextown enables digital sharing through NFC business cards
- Merchant360 offers plug-in that lets retailers deliver coupons to any NFC phone