Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- Barclaycard to add wearable ticketing to bPay contactless wristband
- SD Association adds support for TransferJet communications
- AMS offers developer kit for adding NFC to electronic devices
- Alipay adds fingerprint security
- Samsung and PayPal to offer smartwatch payments