Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- Mobeam passes 40m in-store transactions
- Apple Pay adds more than 20 US banks
- EMV Migration Forum releases EMV testing and certification white paper
- Samsung Pay adds support from 39 US banks
- The State Bank of Vietnam urges transition to EMV