Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- MCX confirms it will launch CurrentC this summer in a “mid-sized market”
- Starwood guests unlock hotel rooms with Apple Watch app
- MCX member Best Buy to accept Apple Pay across the US
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments