Contactless specialist On Track Innovations has received an order for 30,000 NFC and contactless payment readers from a US-based supplier of technology solutions to the retail petroleum industry. The readers include support for Isis’s SmartTap payments and offers technology and a custom designed antenna, allowing them to be installed as a kit in the unnamed customer’s range of products. All the readers will be shipped this year.
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015
- Dartmouth researchers develop continuous authentication service based on smart wristbands
- InMarket reports on attitudes to beacon messages
- John Lewis invests in BLE
- Korea’s SK Planet buys US BLE offers platform Shopkick