Russian telecoms operator MTS has chosen Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards for its public transport ticketing system in Novosibirsk. “As NFC technology moves beyond the realms of contactless payment, transportation is emerging as one of the most important applications, and our Upteq NFC SIM is the ideal platform to deploy a wider range of services in the future,” says Thierry Mesnard, senior vice president at Gemalto.
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC
- Revolution Money founder raises funds for location-based marketing venture
- Ecuador’s central bank plans national mobile wallet
- Alipay Wallet hits 190m users