Russian telecoms operator MTS has chosen Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards for its public transport ticketing system in Novosibirsk. “As NFC technology moves beyond the realms of contactless payment, transportation is emerging as one of the most important applications, and our Upteq NFC SIM is the ideal platform to deploy a wider range of services in the future,” says Thierry Mesnard, senior vice president at Gemalto.
- Google confirms Android Pay at MWC
- PayPal readies contactless reader
- PayPal to buy MCX supplier Paydiant
- Apple Watch to replace car keys
- ZTE launches smartphone with retina scanning for authentication