Russian telecoms operator MTS has chosen Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards for its public transport ticketing system in Novosibirsk. “As NFC technology moves beyond the realms of contactless payment, transportation is emerging as one of the most important applications, and our Upteq NFC SIM is the ideal platform to deploy a wider range of services in the future,” says Thierry Mesnard, senior vice president at Gemalto.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless