Taiwan-based Mitac International has unveiled two Android-based rugged mobile POS terminals. The 5-inch Dino and the 7-inch BumbleBee tablets offer IP54 water and dust resistance and support contact, contactless and NFC payments, barcode scanning, WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes