The US Postal Service is offering marketers a 2% discount if they incorporate NFC, 2D barcodes or augmented reality in their direct mail campaigns between August 1 and September 30, reports Direct Marketing News. On the topic of NFC, VP of new products and innovation Gary Reblin said: “Market penetration may take some time, but it’s a natural fit, with the way consumers interact with their mobile phones and direct mail.”
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?