Canadian bank CIBC has released a BlackBerry 10 version of its CIBC Mobile Payment app allowing BlackBerry Z10 owners to make NFC payments. To use the service, customers must also be Rogers Communications subscribers and have a “Suretap” NFC SIM card installed. The service was launched in November 2012 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 users.
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE