Windows Phone 8 users can now take better ‘selfies’ — and other photos — by triggering their smartphone’s camera from another device, using a new NFC app. The TapShoot app must be installed on both phones, before selecting which one is to take the photo. The devices are then paired by tapping them together, allowing the user to see the proposed shot and trigger its capture from the second phone.
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices
- Taiwanese banks to use Wave NFC dongle
- Android devices get multifactor biometrics
- Ringly raises US$5.1m for light-up rings
- Cancer Research brings contactless donations to shop windows