A statue that emits a whiff of scent when an NFC phone is tapped to it has been installed in the French town of Grasse, a leading centre for the perfume industry. The statue, created by artist Marina Latta and students at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis’ MBDS department, also offers photos, African music and a video of Latta explaining the artistic style’s origins.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week