A statue that emits a whiff of scent when an NFC phone is tapped to it has been installed in the French town of Grasse, a leading centre for the perfume industry. The statue, created by artist Marina Latta and students at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis’ MBDS department, also offers photos, African music and a video of Latta explaining the artistic style’s origins.
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics