A statue that emits a whiff of scent when an NFC phone is tapped to it has been installed in the French town of Grasse, a leading centre for the perfume industry. The statue, created by artist Marina Latta and students at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis’ MBDS department, also offers photos, African music and a video of Latta explaining the artistic style’s origins.
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey
- Jameson serves up 25,000 NFC stubby holders
- ANZ to add HCE payments to mobile banking app