Russia’s UniCredit Bank is to offer customers contactless stickers that can be attached to their mobile phone to make payments. UniCredit is using Gemalto’s Optelio Contactless Stickers and, says the solution “offers a cost-effective option to deploy contactless payment services to our existing customers immediately, and will be a springboard for mobile NFC adoption in the longer term.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market