Parking and transportation ticketing equipment supplier IEM is to bring NFC payments to an initial 1,000 solar powered ‘pay and display’ parking ticket machines in France, using UIC’s UIC680 low power payments module. Motorists will be able to pay for parking with a range of contactless cards or their NFC phone. Presto Pay NFC will then be gradually added to around 5,000 machines in other European countries, IEM’s Phillipe Menaud told NFC World.
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years
- Brits want black cab contactless payments
- GlobalPlatform discovery specification eases NFC roaming
- Nokia sells Here to Audi, BMW and Daimler
- Vodafone customers top up with PowaTag