Parking and transportation ticketing equipment supplier IEM is to bring NFC payments to an initial 1,000 solar powered 'pay and display' parking ticket machines in France, using UIC's UIC680 low power payments module. Motorists will be able to pay for parking with a range of contactless cards or their NFC phone. Presto Pay NFC will then be gradually added to around 5,000 machines in other European countries, IEM's Phillipe Menaud told NFC World.
- Vodafone rolls out NFC mobile wallet across Germany
- Portsmouth FC engages fans with NFC
- EMVCo publishes tokenization framework specification
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more