Parking and transportation ticketing equipment supplier IEM is to bring NFC payments to an initial 1,000 solar powered ‘pay and display’ parking ticket machines in France, using UIC’s UIC680 low power payments module. Motorists will be able to pay for parking with a range of contactless cards or their NFC phone. Presto Pay NFC will then be gradually added to around 5,000 machines in other European countries, IEM’s Phillipe Menaud told NFC World.
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition