NXP Semiconductors has developed a new version of its PN544 NFC controller chip for Intel and MasterCard. The latest PN544PC controller enables shoppers to pay for online purchases by simply tapping their contactless card or NFC phone to an NFC reader built into computers using fourth generation Intel Core processors.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand