Sensor tag maker SensMaster has introduced a tag that is designed to be worn like a watch and intended for safety, personnel tracking and security applications. The Tristan tags use an ultra-low power radio to communicate movement, location and identity to tag readers linked to a facility’s local area network, and include NFC as an option.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month