Sensor tag maker SensMaster has introduced a tag that is designed to be worn like a watch and intended for safety, personnel tracking and security applications. The Tristan tags use an ultra-low power radio to communicate movement, location and identity to tag readers linked to a facility’s local area network, and include NFC as an option.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance