Brazilian mobile network operator Vivo has chosen Gemalto as its trusted service manager (TSM) for its NFC payments service in Brazil. Vivo, part of the Telefonica Group, is also using Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards. The service is being introduced in a number of cities this year ahead of a proposed nationwide rollout in 2014.
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week
- US startup raises funds for multipurpose smart wallet
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks