Brazilian mobile network operator Vivo has chosen Gemalto as its trusted service manager (TSM) for its NFC payments service in Brazil. Vivo, part of the Telefonica Group, is also using Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards. The service is being introduced in a number of cities this year ahead of a proposed nationwide rollout in 2014.
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”
- Axis Bank customers to get NFC wearables
- Payleven raises $10m for mPOS growth
- GSMA publishes IoT security guidelines
- Security update fixes Apple Pay flaw