Brazilian mobile network operator Vivo has chosen Gemalto as its trusted service manager (TSM) for its NFC payments service in Brazil. Vivo, part of the Telefonica Group, is also using Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards. The service is being introduced in a number of cities this year ahead of a proposed nationwide rollout in 2014.
- Fido Alliance adds authentication support for NFC and BLE
- London buses get on board beacon rollout
- Beacons on menu for Cathay Pacific lounge guests
- 25% of British consumers fear mobile payments will make them spend more
- Facebook rolls out Messenger mobile payments across US