An app that allows NFC wallet users to share information on the purchases they make as well as recommend promotions and businesses to other users has won the €10,000 (US$13,588) first prize in a hackathon organized by Spain’s CaixaBank. The Foobar team’s app “gives individuals a means of sharing their opinions, while it also includes a gamification system to attract users,” the bank says.
- Barclaycard to add wearable ticketing to bPay contactless wristband
- SD Association adds support for TransferJet communications
- AMS offers developer kit for adding NFC to electronic devices
- Alipay adds fingerprint security
- Samsung and PayPal to offer smartwatch payments