Printed electronics specialist Thinfilm has entered into a conditional agreement to acquire Kovio’s printed NFC tag technology. Kovio’s NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra low cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia
- Apple Pay available in more than 2m US retail locations
- Apple begins selling Square contactless reader