Printed electronics specialist Thinfilm has entered into a conditional agreement to acquire Kovio’s printed NFC tag technology. Kovio’s NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra low cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- Colombia festival visitors first to use Plazez mobile payments service
- MasterCard token platform close to Australia launch
- Burger King adds MasterPass to US app
- HSBC and First Direct go live with Apple Pay in UK
- HKT launches NFC mobile payments service in Hong Kong