The global market for NFC handsets is projected to reach 1.6bn units by 2018, according to a new research report from Global Industry Analysts, “driven by growing penetration of mobile phones, continued rise in demand and production of smartphones, rising penetration of NFC in consumer devices, and chip level technology developments.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market