The global market for NFC handsets is projected to reach 1.6bn units by 2018, according to a new research report from Global Industry Analysts, “driven by growing penetration of mobile phones, continued rise in demand and production of smartphones, rising penetration of NFC in consumer devices, and chip level technology developments.”
- O2 buys out Weve partners and drops mobile payment plans
- “iPad Pro” to include NFC?
- Qualcomm and NXP team up for NFC on Snapdragon platforms
- NFC gets top marks for helping Barcelona kids get to school
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS