LG has unveiled a range of eco-friendly washing machines that can be paired with a consumer’s smartphone via NFC. It enables users to download new washing programmes — such as wool, baby care and cold wash — and apply them by touching their smartphone on the NFC Tag On symbol on the washing machine. A Smart Diagnosis feature also uses NFC to help users troubleshoot any minor issues with their machine.
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria