LG has unveiled a range of eco-friendly washing machines that can be paired with a consumer’s smartphone via NFC. It enables users to download new washing programmes — such as wool, baby care and cold wash — and apply them by touching their smartphone on the NFC Tag On symbol on the washing machine. A Smart Diagnosis feature also uses NFC to help users troubleshoot any minor issues with their machine.
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes