LG has unveiled a range of eco-friendly washing machines that can be paired with a consumer’s smartphone via NFC. It enables users to download new washing programmes — such as wool, baby care and cold wash — and apply them by touching their smartphone on the NFC Tag On symbol on the washing machine. A Smart Diagnosis feature also uses NFC to help users troubleshoot any minor issues with their machine.
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia
- Apple Pay available in more than 2m US retail locations
- Apple begins selling Square contactless reader