LG has unveiled a range of eco-friendly washing machines that can be paired with a consumer’s smartphone via NFC. It enables users to download new washing programmes — such as wool, baby care and cold wash — and apply them by touching their smartphone on the NFC Tag On symbol on the washing machine. A Smart Diagnosis feature also uses NFC to help users troubleshoot any minor issues with their machine.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month