Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- SimplyTapp compares Apple Pay and Android HCE
- Macy’s unveils mobile payments and customer marketing plans
- Subway to accept mobile payments in 26,000 US locations
- Apple Pay to get 0.15% transaction fee
- No Apple Pay for Walmart, Best Buy