Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- US Bank cardmembers among first to get Android Pay
- Android Pay to support offers and rewards
- USAT adds support for Android Pay
- Google unveils Android Pay
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?