Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks
- Apple granted patent for device-based car keys
- LG Pay to launch in September
- US and UK consumers warm to biometric authentication