Finland’s banks are inviting proposals to replace their existing urgent payment system with a real-time system operating 24 hours a day, every day. Dubbed Pops, the current system was built in the early 1990s and is now “becoming obsolete”, says the Federation of Finnish Financial Services. The new system needs to cover at least the entire Sepa zone, and provide application-level acknowledgement of payments received by beneficiaries. Interested suppliers have until 12 September 2014 to submit ideas.
- Vodafone Italia adds NFC mobile payments with PayPal
- ACI reports on mobile payments usage by Indian millennials
- OT works on mobile payments rollout in France
- Coinbase adds PayPal and credit card support
- RBI reveals framework for “less-cash” society