Finland’s banks are inviting proposals to replace their existing urgent payment system with a real-time system operating 24 hours a day, every day. Dubbed Pops, the current system was built in the early 1990s and is now “becoming obsolete”, says the Federation of Finnish Financial Services. The new system needs to cover at least the entire Sepa zone, and provide application-level acknowledgement of payments received by beneficiaries. Interested suppliers have until 12 September 2014 to submit ideas.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week