Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- JPMorgan Chase CEO outlines mobile wallet strategy
- Capital One founder hails Apple Pay “breakthrough”
- MasterCard backs Zwipe fingerprint payment card
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available