Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- SumUp raises €10m in funding
- Google invites for Project Soli tests
- Cyber Group and Sensoro roll out beacons across Greater China
- $14.9bn biometrics market by 2024
- Samsung Pay opens US beta test