Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month