Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore
- Wells Fargo to add NFC-based mobile payments to banking app