Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments
- LG smart watch to offer NFC payments
- Barclays to allow Twitter payments
- Morgan Stanley joins Apple Pay