Singapore’s United Overseas Bank has reported a more than three-fold increase in contactless card transactions in the year to April 2014, with more than 500 contactless purchases now being made each day. Nine out of 10 contactless payments are for everyday items such as groceries, dining and pharmacy purchases, while the most frequent users of contactless cards are professionals and executives aged 30 to 45.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe