Toshiba has introduced an NFC Forum Type 3 tag chip that includes a wired interface, enabling it to be used to collect and store dynamic data generated by “normally standalone products, such as calculators, clocks, and healthcare items”. Data, such as blood pressure readings, can then be transferred to the user’s smartphone via NFC.
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl
- Forecast: 100m Apple Pay-capable phones in US by 2020
- Vodafone Netherlands adds credit card to Wallet