Toshiba has introduced an NFC Forum Type 3 tag chip that includes a wired interface, enabling it to be used to collect and store dynamic data generated by “normally standalone products, such as calculators, clocks, and healthcare items”. Data, such as blood pressure readings, can then be transferred to the user’s smartphone via NFC.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week