Toshiba has introduced an NFC Forum Type 3 tag chip that includes a wired interface, enabling it to be used to collect and store dynamic data generated by “normally standalone products, such as calculators, clocks, and healthcare items”. Data, such as blood pressure readings, can then be transferred to the user’s smartphone via NFC.
- Industry veterans seek funding for NFC payments ring
- Under half of US small businesses aware of EMV
- Second generation NFC Ring seeks funding
- BNP Paribas pilots cards with dynamic security codes
- Samsung Pay gets seven city US promo tour