Toshiba has introduced an NFC Forum Type 3 tag chip that includes a wired interface, enabling it to be used to collect and store dynamic data generated by “normally standalone products, such as calculators, clocks, and healthcare items”. Data, such as blood pressure readings, can then be transferred to the user’s smartphone via NFC.
- Yandex.Checkout gets QR codes
- ANZ accused over Apple Pay support
- Biometric banking to top $4bn by 2021
- Starbucks’ Mobile Order & Pay on the rise across the US
- AMS sells NFC and RFID reader business to STMicroelectronics