Toshiba has introduced an NFC Forum Type 3 tag chip that includes a wired interface, enabling it to be used to collect and store dynamic data generated by “normally standalone products, such as calculators, clocks, and healthcare items”. Data, such as blood pressure readings, can then be transferred to the user’s smartphone via NFC.
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal
- Nintendo adds NFC payments
- Four in ten mobile wallet users choose mobile as primary mode of payment
- CU Wallet signs up 65 credit unions for QR mobile payments