Nintendo Wii U users in Japan can now use the NFC interface built into their GamePad controller to purchase games with a Suica contactless payment card. The plan to offer contactless payments was detailed by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in May this year. Gamers that use the service will receive Suica loyalty rewards at the rate of one point for every ¥200 they spend.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe