Nintendo Wii U users in Japan can now use the NFC interface built into their GamePad controller to purchase games with a Suica contactless payment card. The plan to offer contactless payments was detailed by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in May this year. Gamers that use the service will receive Suica loyalty rewards at the rate of one point for every ¥200 they spend.
- Paym reports 89% increase in use in second half of 2015
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners