Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- RapidNFC examines iPhone 6 tag reading issue
- Apple falls out with PayPal over Samsung deal
- KLM uses Bluetooth beacons to help passengers navigate Schiphol Airport
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company