Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins