Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes