Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC
- Revolution Money founder raises funds for location-based marketing venture
- Ecuador’s central bank plans national mobile wallet
- Alipay Wallet hits 190m users