Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless