Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks
- Apple granted patent for device-based car keys
- LG Pay to launch in September
- US and UK consumers warm to biometric authentication