Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- Join NFC World for a free workshop on tokenization
- One in four online transactions are now mobile
- Norwegian carriers pick Amdocs for mobile payments
- MassDOT tests mobile tickets
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app