Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’