Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments