Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices