Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- US Bank to donate $50,000 to charity through Apple Pay
- Beacons to drive $7.5bn in holiday season spending
- Seqr to add P2P transfers to mobile wallet
- Orange France reveals mobile retailing lessons
- Mahindra Comviva explains hybrid HCE