Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”
- Axis Bank customers to get NFC wearables
- Payleven raises $10m for mPOS growth
- GSMA publishes IoT security guidelines
- Security update fixes Apple Pay flaw