Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose has shown off a proof-of-concept mobile shopping service, based on Ensygnia’s Onescan technology, that “allows customers to complete a payment in-store using a mobile phone app, completing a purchase direct from any iPad screen in the store, without the need to head to the till point”.
- Transport for NSW seeks bright ideas
- MegaFon launches contactless card with carrier billing
- QuickPass launches in Macau
- Singapore aims for cashless society
- Barclaycard reveals large contactless increase across UK