Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose has shown off a proof-of-concept mobile shopping service, based on Ensygnia’s Onescan technology, that “allows customers to complete a payment in-store using a mobile phone app, completing a purchase direct from any iPad screen in the store, without the need to head to the till point”.
- Microsoft adds Windows Hello to new devices
- Verizon agrees to support Samsung Pay
- JCB to pilot palm vein payments in Japan
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump