Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose has shown off a proof-of-concept mobile shopping service, based on Ensygnia’s Onescan technology, that “allows customers to complete a payment in-store using a mobile phone app, completing a purchase direct from any iPad screen in the store, without the need to head to the till point”.
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash