Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose has shown off a proof-of-concept mobile shopping service, based on Ensygnia’s Onescan technology, that “allows customers to complete a payment in-store using a mobile phone app, completing a purchase direct from any iPad screen in the store, without the need to head to the till point”.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service