Mobile POS provider Square is to introduce a new card reader that can be used to process both EMV chip card and magnetic stripe card payments. “Square Reader for chip cards is the most advanced and affordable way for you to be ready for the cards all of your customers will soon be carrying,” the company says. “No commitments, long-term contracts, or painful ‘reterminalization’ fees.”
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments