More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies