More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Bell ID makes case for banks to become TSPs
- Saracens fans get contactless payment wristbands
- Apple Pay now live at more than 240 banks
- Nearly half of payment cards shipped in 2014 were contactless
- Barclaycard’s bPay band set for relaunch