More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Yandex.Checkout gets QR codes
- ANZ accused over Apple Pay support
- Biometric banking to top $4bn by 2021
- Starbucks’ Mobile Order & Pay on the rise across the US
- AMS sells NFC and RFID reader business to STMicroelectronics