More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Paym reports 89% increase in use in second half of 2015
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners