More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Swatch partners with Visa to roll out NFC payment watch in US and Switzerland
- Diners Club launches mobile payments in Ecuador
- BBVA Bancomer deploys time-based dynamic CCV/CVC in mobile wallet
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?