More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Jiffy signs up more than 350,000 users
- Walmart Pay adds another 14 states
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement
- Nordic banks sign up to HCE mobile payments with Nets