More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- RapidNFC examines iPhone 6 tag reading issue
- Apple falls out with PayPal over Samsung deal
- KLM uses Bluetooth beacons to help passengers navigate Schiphol Airport
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company