More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service