More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Researchers unveil breakthrough in weaving NFC chips into clothes
- Cab:app taxis to accept NFC mobile payments
- Rémy Martin to launch NFC bottle in China for authentication and rewards
- Las Vegas gets park and reward meters
- Mobile tickets launch for Houston buses