More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches