More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- MasterCard discusses how Samsung Pay works
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S6 with NFC and LoopPay mobile payments
- Apple Pay provisioning fraud hole “has to get plugged now”
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments