More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Paytm moves towards launching payments bank
- Australian digital payments to reach nearly A$1.9bn by 2020
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses