More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years
- Brits want black cab contactless payments
- GlobalPlatform discovery specification eases NFC roaming
- Nokia sells Here to Audi, BMW and Daimler
- Vodafone customers top up with PowaTag