More than 575million EMV payment cards will have been issued by the end of 2015 by nine leading US card issuers who are members of the Payments Security Task Force (PST), an organisation set up in March 2014 “to drive executive level discussion that will enhance payments system security”. Members of the PST include Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover, First Data, MasterCard, Visa, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week