Walmart MasterCard holders are to receive a replacement card “in the next few weeks” that includes an EMV chip. “Walmart has long been a proponent for EMV chip technology and installed EMV-capable terminals in stores about eight years ago,” SVP Mike Cook and MasterCard North America president Chris McWilton explain. “These terminals are now activated in more than 4,600 stores, including all Sam’s Club locations. Terminals in the remaining US stores will be activated before the end of the year.”
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments