Walmart MasterCard holders are to receive a replacement card “in the next few weeks” that includes an EMV chip. “Walmart has long been a proponent for EMV chip technology and installed EMV-capable terminals in stores about eight years ago,” SVP Mike Cook and MasterCard North America president Chris McWilton explain. “These terminals are now activated in more than 4,600 stores, including all Sam’s Club locations. Terminals in the remaining US stores will be activated before the end of the year.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics