Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Carta makes HCE simple with hosted Cloud Suite payments platform
- Samsung Pay’s success in the US is not assured, says expert
- Korea shifts to NFC authentication for mobile banking
- Mobile money users grow 41% in 2014
- Oberthur’s Pearl SE embedded in Galaxy S6