Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Android Pay to support offers and rewards
- USAT adds support for Android Pay
- Google unveils Android Pay
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?
- Asia Pacific banks begin testing HCE mobile payments