Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments