Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Subway adds PayPal to mobile app
- Commonwealth Bank adds loyalty to mobile app
- Samsung and MasterCard prepare Europe for Samsung Pay
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits