“Apple will be utilizing near field communication (NFC) technology and tokenization technology in the new iPhone 6 and iWatch as a part of its payments initiative,” reports Bank Innovation, citing “sources close to Apple and with knowledge of Apple’s plans for its new smartphone”. Bloomingdale’s may also be a launch partner for the service, the report adds.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar