European merchants who accept either MasterCard or Maestro will be required to switch to contactless POS terminals by 1 January 2020, “ensuring that consumers will be able to pay with their contactless cards and NFC enabled devices at all point-of-sale (POS) terminals”, the payment network has announced. “New POS terminals must adhere to the new standard upon deployment as from 1 January 2016,” MasterCard adds.
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway
- Mastercard signs deal to roll out mobile payments in 33 African countries
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey