Access to the NFC chip in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available only to Apple Pay, an Apple spokeswoman has told Cult of Mac. Whether that restriction applies only to the secure element or to all NFC functions, including tag reading/writing, is not yet confirmed, however.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland