Canadian startup Bionym has begun shipping its Nymi wristband to partners and key developers after starting to take pre-orders in September last year. The wearable device uses the wearer’s unique cardiac rhythm to verify their identity and communicates with the world around it via BLE. “We’ll be sending out more information on the next steps of the shipping process to everyone who pre-ordered a Nymi band in the coming weeks,” the company says.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport