Arts Centre Melbourne is rethinking its approach to using Bluetooth beacons after a disappointing pilot that used the technology to send out food and beverage offers to visitors during October’s Melbourne Festival. “I’m not exactly sure our audience respond to a retail approach in a cultural arena,” the centre’s Kristen Eckhardt told CMO. “There’s a bit of a disconnect perhaps; prompting an unplanned visit to a cultural institution through this technology might be too big a leap for this particular audience.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market