Apple Pay accounts for 50% of tap-and-pay transactions at McDonald’s, which accepts “all payment products that leverage standard NFC”, according to a New York Times report. Walgreens has seen its mobile wallet payment volumes double since Apple Pay was launched, the report adds, but Toys R Us says it has seen “relatively few” mobile transactions because customers are “still learning about the new technology”. Whole Foods Market revealed last week that it has processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks