Apple Pay accounts for 50% of tap-and-pay transactions at McDonald’s, which accepts “all payment products that leverage standard NFC”, according to a New York Times report. Walgreens has seen its mobile wallet payment volumes double since Apple Pay was launched, the report adds, but Toys R Us says it has seen “relatively few” mobile transactions because customers are “still learning about the new technology”. Whole Foods Market revealed last week that it has processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes