Brixton Pound (B£), a local currency designed to encourage consumers to spend in independent businesses, is to launch an NFC ‘tap and pay’ service in 2015. “The currency will implement contactless payment terminals for B£ businesses and traders, which will further speed and simplify payments,” the organisation says. The service currently lets Brixton residents make payments via Bluetooth beacons or pay-by-text.
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app
- US banks told to improve cyber security
- Face recognition ticketing system unveiled