Alibaba is in advanced talks to buy an approximately US$500 million stake in One97 Communications, the parent company of Indian mobile payment platform Paytm. “Both Alibaba Group Holding’s e-commerce arm and its online payments unit Alipay are set to participate in the transaction, which will conclude later this month,” the Financial Times reports. When NFC World+ contacted Alibaba for information the e-commerce giant said it has “no comment to offer on this matter”.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes