The US Patent & Trademark Office has published three patent applications from Apple that relate to both Apple Pay and Touch ID biometric verification. Among the patents is one that includes a “schematic block diagram of an electronic system providing iCloud-based storage and exchange of enrollment finger biometric data,” Patently Apple reports, and one that sets out a way to use NFC or an alternative short range wireless communication technology to download enrolled finger biometric data.
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway
- Mastercard signs deal to roll out mobile payments in 33 African countries
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey