More than 770m mobile apps that make use of biometric authentication will be downloaded annually by 2019, up from 6m this year, Juniper Research predicts. “Fingerprint authentication would account for the overwhelming majority of such apps in the medium term, driven by increasing deployment of fingerprint scanners within mid-range smartphones,” the researchers say.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks