The US and Canada accounted for 63% of a total 5.7m NFC-enabled Nintendo Amiibo figurines sold at the end of 2014, followed by Europe in second place with 23%, Japan with 11% and Australia with 3%. “The sell-through proportion of the total shipment is approximately 70% in each of Japan, US and Canada and Europe, while it reaches 90% in Australia,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during the company’s third quarter financial results briefing.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes