The US and Canada accounted for 63% of a total 5.7m NFC-enabled Nintendo Amiibo figurines sold at the end of 2014, followed by Europe in second place with 23%, Japan with 11% and Australia with 3%. “The sell-through proportion of the total shipment is approximately 70% in each of Japan, US and Canada and Europe, while it reaches 90% in Australia,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during the company’s third quarter financial results briefing.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland