Australia is to become the second country after the US in which Visa Inc will roll out tokenization. The move follows news that three in five (60.4%) face-to-face Visa transactions in Australia are now contactless — compared to 14% in Canada and 21% in Singapore — and 53% of consumers are now interested in mobile payments. “2015 is posed to be the tipping point for mobile payments,” says Visa’s Stephen Karpin.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport