Google’s recent acquisition of Softcard’s NFC payments business may hit Samsung Pay’s prospects for widespread US adoption hard, says a respected payments consultant. Commenting on Samsung Pay’s launch, Tom Noyes is enthusiastic about the system’s mechanism for wider merchant acceptance but, he writes, “even if it were ready today it will never be pre-loaded on ANY phone in the US given the recent Google/Softcard deal with all three major US MNOs.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway