Apple has reportedly been in acquisition talks with troubled mobile payments startup Clinkle amidst claims that seven of the company’s staff quit their roles last week following frustration with CEO Lucas Duplan. “This is only the latest bad news after years of ridicule for its massive $30m funding round despite lacking a publicly available product, and highly critical reports of Duplan’s leadership through repeated layoffs at Clinkle,” TechCrunch reports.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport