Some 41% of US millennials aged between 18 and 34 are now using mobile payments, compared to 18% of 35- to 44-year-olds, 14% of 45- to 54-year-olds, 10% of 55- to 64-year-olds and 8% of those aged over 65, research from POS supplier Harbortouch has revealed. One in four of the 1,000 respondents surveyed also believes the restaurant industry is the most likely to widely adopt mobile payments in the near future.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx