Some 41% of US millennials aged between 18 and 34 are now using mobile payments, compared to 18% of 35- to 44-year-olds, 14% of 45- to 54-year-olds, 10% of 55- to 64-year-olds and 8% of those aged over 65, research from POS supplier Harbortouch has revealed. One in four of the 1,000 respondents surveyed also believes the restaurant industry is the most likely to widely adopt mobile payments in the near future.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway