Some 41% of US millennials aged between 18 and 34 are now using mobile payments, compared to 18% of 35- to 44-year-olds, 14% of 45- to 54-year-olds, 10% of 55- to 64-year-olds and 8% of those aged over 65, research from POS supplier Harbortouch has revealed. One in four of the 1,000 respondents surveyed also believes the restaurant industry is the most likely to widely adopt mobile payments in the near future.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar