The US Patent and Trademark Office has granted Apple a patent for its Concert Ticket+ concept, first unveiled in 2010. “Apple’s newly granted patent covers their invention relating to tickets to events and to obtaining, storing and accessing tickets to events and benefits associated with such tickets using an electronic device,” Patently Apple reports. It adds the original patent went on to help form the Passbook application, and is now “directly related to the use of Apple Pay”.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar