The US Patent and Trademark Office has granted Apple a patent for its Concert Ticket+ concept, first unveiled in 2010. “Apple’s newly granted patent covers their invention relating to tickets to events and to obtaining, storing and accessing tickets to events and benefits associated with such tickets using an electronic device,” Patently Apple reports. It adds the original patent went on to help form the Passbook application, and is now “directly related to the use of Apple Pay”.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway