The US Patent and Trademark Office has granted Apple a patent for its Concert Ticket+ concept, first unveiled in 2010. “Apple’s newly granted patent covers their invention relating to tickets to events and to obtaining, storing and accessing tickets to events and benefits associated with such tickets using an electronic device,” Patently Apple reports. It adds the original patent went on to help form the Passbook application, and is now “directly related to the use of Apple Pay”.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx