Spanish bank BBVA has updated its BBVA Wallet app, allowing customers to use their mobile phone to limit plastic cards for ecommerce or ATM withdrawals, as well as turning cards ‘on’ and ‘off’ at any time. “The new version turns our customers’ smartphones into a remote control to do whatever they want with their cards,” says BBVA’s Mehmet Sezgin.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway