Nearly half (44%) of payment executives globally cite reducing the number of fee collectors in the payments value chain as their “top opportunity”, ranking higher than targeted offers (41%) and mobile (39%), ACI Worldwide and Ovum reveal. Some 59% are evaluating direct connections with banks to cut reliance on card networks and 85% of banks want closer ties with organisations to reduce costs.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland