National Bank of Oman (NBO) has become the first in the country to launch a contactless card pilot, in partnership with MasterCard. “The new scheme will allow customers to make payments for small ticket items at the checkout without the need to enter a PIN or sign a receipt,” Times of Oman reports. “The cards, using ‘TapNGo’ technology, are identified as NBO Beam cards.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway