US grocery chain Whole Foods Market will be among the first companies to add their loyalty cards to Apple Pay later this year, alongside iOS 9 and the Passbook app to be renamed ‘Wallet’. Verifone said it would be first to support loyalty cards through its NFC terminals, with 9to5Mac saying those companies will include Dunkin’ Donuts, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Panera, Wegmans and Whole Foods.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes